Weight loss need not be boring with this delicious healthy meal idea that you could never get bored of.
40g/ 1 ½ oz/ 3 tbsp low-fat spread
225g/ 8 oz boneless chicken, skinned and diced
2 carrots, finely chopped
1 celery stick, finely chopped
1 large onion, finely chopped
1 garlic clove, crushed
175g/ 6 oz button mushrooms, sliced
6 tomatoes, skinned and chopped
50g/ 2 oz/ ½ cup frozen peas
Salt and freshly ground pepper
5ml/ 1 tsp oregano
350g/ 12 oz Spaghetti
20ml/ 4 tsp grated parmesan cheese.
• Melt the low-fat spread in a saucepan.
• Add the rest of the ingredients except the spaghetti and cheese and fry, stirring for 3 minutes. Lower the heat, cover and simmer lightly for 15 minutes until the vegetables and chicken are supple.
• In the mean time cook the spaghetti following the instructions printed on the pack.
• Drain the spaghetti and return it to the pan.
• Add the chicken mixture and toss well. Place on to plates and scatter with the parmesan cheese.