It’s the diet loved by Kelly Osbourne, Katy Perry and Roxanne Pallett and is said to be the best way to lose weight quickly but without losing curves.
Commonly known as The M-Plan, the mushroom inspired diet promises to help women lose weight from their stomachs, bottoms, thighs and upper arms, but still keep their bust intact.
The 14 day plan encourages weight loss from stubborn body areas by replacing one of your regular meals with a mushroom dish – it’s that simple!
Just eat a mushroom-packed lunch or dinner every day for two weeks, and watch the pounds slip off! Great for removing unwanted bulk from problem areas like the stomach and thighs, the plan will apparently allow you to retain your womanly shape.
Does it work?
YES – by Jeanette Jackson, women’s nutritionist and health broadcaster.
The mushroom diet, just like the fungi itself, means you keep the weight where you want it up top and shed pounds where you don’t further down.
If we eat more mushrooms, it’s likely that less high calorie foods will be consumed through the day overall, because of the vegetable’s powerful nutritional values.
The dietary fibre in mushrooms helps promote good bowel function leaving you feeling more satisfied, so you won’t be hungry again as quickly, preventing you from snacking.
Mushrooms are also extremely rich in protein – an ideal nutritional food source, yet the vegetable is low in calories which is important where weight loss is considered.
There’s a myth that the waist is the last area of the body where women lose weight. In fact, it’s one of the areas of the body that we move the most, along with bums, thighs and upper arms.
Not only do mushrooms help with weight loss, but the super vegetable can help improve your looks too as they’re high in B vitamins, iron and zinc, all of which are needed to make your skin, hair and nails strong, healthy and shiny.
NO – by Lucy Wyndham-Read, the USA Pro fitness and nutrition expert.
Well there’s no denying that mushrooms are a powerhouse of nutritional benefits and one of their greatest assets is that they’re super Low GI.
Plus, the fact that they’re so very low in calories means, as part of a diet, they can help in weight loss. Plus, mushrooms are super cheap, so this is a way to save pounds and drop the pounds.
But it’s untrue that mushrooms have the power to lose fat from everywhere except the bust! I carefully advise women not to expect this to happen and too much of a good thing is actually never a good thing.
The fact is – if we eat a healthy, well-balanced, clean, natural diet and exercise regularly, we can all lose weight.
A SUPER SLIMMING MUSHROOM INSPIRED MEAL
Mushroom and Spinach Omelette
- cooking spray/oil
- 250g two chicks free range liquid egg white
- 50g spinach
- 1/2 medium red onion finely diced
- 5 breakfast mushrooms finely sliced
- mixed herbs
- salt & pepper to taste
1. Coat a non-stick frying pan with oil or cooking spray.
2. Fry the onion over a medium heat until softened.
3. Add the mushrooms followed by the spinach, mixed herbs and salt and pepper and sauté.
4. Remove from the frying pan and keep warm.
5. Add some more oil or cooking spray to the same frying pan and warm over a medium heat.
6. Add a pinch of mixed herbs/chives/salt and pepper to the two chicks free range liquid egg white and mix thoroughly.
7. Pour the egg white into the frying pan.
8. Cook until almost set, and then spoon the vegetable mixture onto one side of the omelette.
9. Fold the other half over.
10. Slide onto a serving plate. Garnish with fresh chives or herbs of your choice.